2.17.2010

THE Zach



 

When I was interning for Miles Redd, there was another intern on the days when I wasn't there, and all I knew about him was that his name was Zach and that he was really funny and endearing, by the way David, Amanda, Nick, and Miles spoke of him.

Then I stumble upon this cool teeny tiny studio in the New York Times, start reading the article, and discover that it is the apartment of THE ZACH.  The mysterious-other-intern-Zach.  !!!!!!


Love the bar tray, love the stacks of books.

 

Well, Zach, who I feel cosmically connected to by our briefly overlapping paths but have never met, congratulations!!  

Other than making me feel epically behind in life by being at the same "place" in life a couple of years ago (interning for Miles, switching off days in the office) and now being published in the NYT and thus by comparison putting me waay behind, I love the feature, and your apartment. 

5 comments:

  1. Ok Lize, I have to say, when I see interior design pictures like this, all I can think about is how difficult it would be to keep a room like that dust-free and clean! It feels cluttered to me. Can you, my dear interior design-minded best friend, please give me some insight into this? Do you understand what I'm saying? I think my taste is more pure and simplistic as far as design goes. More tranquil and sterile, I dare say...that sounds really boring, but it's true. I'm not a big fan of clutter. I think I'd throw a lot of that stuff away to make the room more clutter-free haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eliza!
    You are not "behind" in life, as I'm sure you already know deep down, life is a journey that twists, turns and takes different routes for each of us.
    Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda! So fun to hear from you! Thank you, you are too kind for words. No, don't worry, I am seriously loving my life at the moment and deep down am not concerned! ...Only a little envious :)

    Thanks for checking out the blog!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Stirlgirl, I completely understand! Different strokes for different folks, as they say. I actually think one of the most important things is knowing what you do and don't like! Designers will always tell you its really difficult to work with clients who aren't sure what they like.

    It's like wines-- real wine people will say there's not right and wrong when it comes to evaluating a wine, what's important is that you can identify what you like! So bravo to you, you know what you like!

    I'll be working on a post of images I think you'll like... good to represent all ends of the spectrum on here I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - From Billy Baldwin: "Be faithful to your own taste because nothing you really like is ever out of style."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails