2.20.2010

Sentimentia 2.20.10



Rob Ryan's papercuts and screenprints







  
"To my darling, all of these words are worth less than the breath used saying them if we cannot be together. When I wake up in the morning I think of you when I go to bed at night please think of me somewhere under the same moon."



Artist Rob Ryan combines his poems that seem to say it all in very few words with intricate images cut out of paper or screenprinted..  They seem to create a hopeful and romantic little world that you want to jump right into and soak up.

Thus, I'm dying for this book he collaborated with Paul Smith on:
Here is the description from the Paul Smith:
If you believe in love, but find it difficult to explain - this is for you.
-Rob Ryan
Rob Ryan has been cutting pictures out of paper for many years. He has exhibited all over the world, and recently collaborated with Paul Smith
This book is a limited edition of 500. It contains an exclusive signed and numbered Rob Ryan screen print presented in a gift envelope.
'An enchanting, rare book that is a pure delight from beginning to end'
Sophie Dahl



[PS- If you started reading this blog right before Valentine's Day, you probably thought I was posting a lot of lovey stuff just because of the holiday.  Well, as it turns out, I have a general obsession with all creative ways of expressing love, all year round... things I call sentimentia... creative bits of sentiment.. hope you enjoy it too!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails