2.28.2010

Fantastic Mr. Fox


I don't know how I haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox, but seeing this book and video about the making of it reconfirms for me the urgency with which I need to see it.  The set work seems amazing!

Seriously, a world created by the minds of Roald Dahl and Wes Anderson??  It's like a dream come true.  I'm feeling lamer by the minute for not having seen it yet. 




 
Apparently, Anderson lived in Dahl's house for a time while working on the film to take in everything he could, and then had his team carefully replicate tiny details for the set.  The miniatures in the video above are amazing!
 

..And how about this cute pink room and Dahl's sweet wife?  From the way she speaks about him in the little video it's clear how much she adored him and it's so touching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails