5.25.2010

Listening To >> Francis and the Lights



This song, and Francis's voice, grew on me the more I listened to it... and now I really really like it.  Interestingly, they just performed with Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, who I featured back here.

And the video, which was directed by the keyboardist, is a great example of what you can do with basically no budget if you get creative-- the whole thing is a single-take live performance, and the use of light is killer (looks way better in full-screen).

Especially love the dance sequence at about 1:50, so watch that if nothing else, it makes you happy to be alive.


Listen to the whole album streaming on their website here (I have a feeling this album is about to go into heavy rotation for me), along with more videos.  The video for "The Top" has some pretty amazing dancing by Francis...


Discovered via Black*Eiffel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails