2.22.2010

Monday Morning

 


This Monday morning, I would love a cup of Sugarbird tea in this lovely sitting area off of Jenna Lyon's* kitchen.  Don't you think you could linger here visiting with a friend over a pot of tea for hours?


Above, an Earl Grey and vanilla blend.






Sugarbird, in LA, is owned by Kei Okomura, who trained at cooking schools and restaurants in Paris and LA before going out on her own to start this cute tea shop and bakery.  

I have a feeling that people are going to start getting into tea-- the origins of the leaves, the craft, etc.-- the way people have really gotten into coffee and beer, and places like Sugarbird that are creating these unique whole-leaf blends are leading the way. 

 
Above, a rooibos, raspberry, vanilla, rosehip, and hibiscus blend.  

I was also excited to discover Sugarbird as an addition to my list of places to try in LA.  Since we're only an hour and a half from LA, I have a goal of taking better advantage of everything LA has to offer.  As such, I'm starting an LA list, or LalaList.

You can buy their teas online here.


*Yes, I'm writing about her again, but isn't her kitchen sitting area wonderful?? 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this - I just ordered the 3 tea sampler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Maybe we can try it at breakfast club??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails