7.26.2010

Summer Lovin >> Surf




I don't know if it's that I live in California now or what, but surfing and surf culture seems to be a much bigger part of my concept of summer than ever before, and I can't get enough of surf videos and photos like these.  

But I swear it's not just me, or even California, and I point to Saturdays Surf NYC as evidence... when before has surfing ever been a big deal to Manhattanites?  

But even still, it makes me excited to be a Californian, where surfing seems to be everywhere you look in the summer-- surf boards strapped on cars, being hauled on bikes, stacked on people's balconies, etc.  The other day I drove up the Pacific Coast Highway from LA to Santa Barbara, watching hoards of surfers all along the coast, and relished it thinking, "Where else? Where else can you watch surfers from the highway as you drive home?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails