6.23.2010

Revisiting >> Fantastic Mr. Fox

Finally saw Fantastic Mr. Fox!  And it did not disappoint.  Think of the brilliance and detail of Wes Anderson's directing style mixed with the wit and nostalgia of Roald Dahl's writing, plus the charm of stop-motion animation, and you can imagine what a wonderful film this results in.

So anyway, now that I've seen it, I went back and watched these making-of videos again.  The one at top I've already posted once, but I think it's worth watching again.  I'm just amazed at the detail and intricacy of how all the sets, props, and characters were created, shot, and animated.

There's no way you can watch these and not want to see the film.


Does this convince you Wes Anderson is a genius or what?




Stop-motion animation!  Amazing!  24 stills for every second of film!  Also, they way they recorded the voices is pretty impressive... usually for animation work, actors just sit in a studio and read the lines... not for a Wes Anderson film!



They photographed every piece of furniture in Dahl's house and created a miniature of it!



Ok now I want to watch it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. "I modified this tube sock" changed my life... This movie is a GEM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails