6.25.2010

Paper, Typography, Graphic Design... Nostalgia


 I'm a sucker for old paper things, like airmail envelopes and tickets... they have that effect I've mentioned before of making me long for an era I never actually lived through.  They also make me wish the design of small, everyday things like this were still given such attention. 


 It's the same way I feel about public buildings, like post offices and public schools-- they used to be built so beautifully, and were architectural icons in town, and now they're just built to be functional and cheap.


via Paper is Lovely

1 comment:

  1. I just read a very cool article in UPPERCASE magazine all about a paper ticket collector:

    http://www.uppercasegallery.ca/uppercase-journal/2010/2/2/type-tuesday-vintage-tickets-by-dawbis.html

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails