8.03.2010

Sight and Sound >> Zimoun's Sound Sculptures



Above, 21 of artist Zimoun's "sound sculptures," which despite their mechanical mediums all seem to sound amazingly like different types of rain and wind, making them peaceful-sounding but faintly maniacal to watch.  I felt like I was listening to a sleep-sound-machine while slowly going insane.  

Still, check it out.  My personal faves are at about 2:24 and 7:23... I just realized I incidentally picked the two least mechanical as my favorites. Ha.

“Zimoun’s sound sculptures and installations are graceful, mechanized works of playful poetry, their structural simplicity opens like an industrial bloom to reveal a complex and intricate series of relationships, an ongoing interplay between the «artificial» and the «organic».”

[Thanks Monica!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails