9.28.2010

Masters and Their Crafts >> Tartine


Tartine is one of my absolute favorite bakeries and a must every time I'm in San Francisco.  I actually am a little bit worried about what might happen once I move up there... I fear it could be habit-forming.  


Their bread is incredible, as are their sandwiches, desserts... pretty much everything.  It's a bakery, cafe, and even wine bar, and I love the vibe that comes from people opening up a bottle of white at lunch on a Saturday.  With the line almost always out the door, there's always a ton of energy, great people watching, and a cool European cafe-meets-San-Francisco,-specifically-the-Mission,-vibe.


Check out this video to see the owner and head baker, Chad Robertson, in his element.  Although I'll warn you, this is dangerous to watch if you're hungry.


[Tartine cookbook]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails